Anyone who goes to Disney World knows that there's going to come a time when the Fast Passes run out or become unavailable and that you'll have to stand in a long line out in the hot sun just to get on a popular ride. It happens. We all know it.
But here's the thing, navigating your way through Disney is all about choices, like which rides you want to ride, which shows you want to see, which restaurants you want to eat, and which snacks you want to dive into. So I wanted to help you out by giving you my top 5 Must-Do rides that the entire family will enjoy.
1) Kilimanjaro Safaris - Who doesn't enjoy seeing their favorite animals in their natural habitat? This 22-minute safaris ride, which has no height restrictions, is located in Animal Kingdom. In an open-air vehicle, you take a simulation ride through the savanna of East Africa with an informative tour guide. Your kids will love it, and so will YOU!
Tip: If you can't get a Fast Pass for this, try arriving at rope drop and heading straight for this ride as soon as you enter the park. It is best to see the animals in the morning because it is not as hot and the animals will be more active at this time.
2. Slinky Dog Dash - What do you get when you mix a toy Dachshund with a slinky toy (remember those from the 40s?) You get one of the best family coaster rides at Hollywood Studios. You get on thinking it's a kiddie ride, but after getting whipped around, you end up having just as much fun (if not more) than your kids. It's fast and there's hills, turns, and dips but it's not very scary. After all it's located in Toy Story land!
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - By far the most highly sought after Fast Pass at Magic Kingdom and for good reason! This steel roller coaster, located in Fantasyland, will have you waiting in line for hours if you don't snag a Fast Pass. It is a great first timer roller coaster ride because the height requirement is 3'2" and it only goes 34 miles an hour. It is not too scary for most young children, however, I must say this ride is much more exciting at night.
Tip: If you cannot get a Fast Pass for this coaster, show up for rope drop and high tail it to be among the first to get in line. The other option is to get in line a minute or two before the park closes. Even if you get in line right when the park closes, they'll still let you get in line for the ride.
4. Rise of the Resistance - This is one of Hollywood Studios newest additions and the most immersive, creative rides ever designed. It's located inside of the 14-acre, Star Wars themed area called Galaxy's Edge. Rise of the Resistance isn't exactly for smaller children, as there is a height requirement of 40," however, older children and teenagers who are die-hard Star Wars fan, would really enjoy experiencing this ride, where you're put in the middle of an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
Tip: Arrive at least 60-90 minutes before Hollywood Studios opens in order to get a boarding pass, which will give you a time for entry.
5. Pandora - The World of Avatar - This ride, located in Animal Kingdom, is a MUST do, no matter how many hours you have to wait in line! (Hopefully you can get a Fast Pass for it, but if not, check out my tips below). It is a breathtaking 4.5-minute virtual 3D ride that has you flying on the back of a banshee on the fictional moon, Pandora. So so cool! This ride is family friendly, as long as you are 44" tall.
Tip #1: If you cannot get a Fast Pass for this attraction, I suggest arriving at Animal Kingdom at rope drop and make this the very first ride you go for. The other option is to let this be the last ride of the day and get in line right before the park closes. As long as you get in line before the close time,they will take you. The line will still be long, but not as long.
Tip #2: If you have a wait time of about 2 hours, do like we did and watch Pandora on Netflix to get you hyped up for the ride!
If you would like to know about some of other memorable rides or other favorites at Disney World just reply to this email and I would love to give you more tips! I LOVE Disney and could talk about it ALL day!
Have you downloaded my FREE PDF on 21 Crazy Easy Ways To Save For Your Next Disney Trip yet? Go ahead and grab it here.
Share the knowledge
Kimberly is the owner of Travel Kimestry. Her areas of expertise include The Bahamas, The Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, Europe and ALL THINGS DISNEY. She’s passionate about working with families who enjoy traveling the world. She looks forward to working with YOU soon!